There. I said it. I love living in Edmond, and I am actually kinda sad that it is only a temporary assignment while we wait for Steven’s job transfer to actually happen. You know what’s coming next….a list of all the reasons why Edmond rocks – followed by a few pictures from today’s bokeh experiment at The Farmer’s Market.
In no particular order:
1.An awesome sense of community including fabulous people everywhere you go in town.
2. Running into college friends while shopping at the mall or eating at
3. Steve’s Ribs – enough said.
4. Chicken Fried Steak at the Chuck House.
5. Old Chicago (are you beginning to see a pattern here?).
6. And my new all-time favorite restaurant. Drum roll, please. Fish City Grill. The food is delish, the service friendly, and the atmosphere is nothing short of a divine little diner (I could hear the theme song to Cheers playing in my mind the entire time we were there). All you Edmondites must check it out. Put it on your calendar to go on the first Tuesday of every month, because they donate 15% of all the proceeds on that day to The Relay for Life. How cool is that? Good eats and giving cancer a swift kick in the tooshmabob.
7. Oh yeah, the flour tortillas at Ted’s are just a hop, skip and a jump away. Have I already used the word divine in this post? Oh well, it applies.
8. Come to think of it, I can be anywhere I want to go in 15 minutes or less.
9. The elderly couple who lives across the street.
10. The rolling hills, beautiful trees and lovely landscaping.
11. The Farmer’s Market (see pictures below).
12. Play dates with Lydia and Carter, not to mention spending time with their Mama.
13. Bridgeway Church – the people there really get it. They understand what it means to be the Body of Christ and are living their lives accordingly. They exist for Him, for one another, and for other people.
14. Heidi who cuts my hair – after months of struggling to grow out a bad haircut, this woman has miraculously brought me back to the land of actually liking my hair. Call her. Better yet, call me and I will give you her number as I am sure she does not want me posting her number on the world wide web. Ladies, you know how important it is to find a good hairdresser.
15. Hafer Park.
16. The little play area at Quail Springs Mall.
17. Talking to neighbors when we take walks around the neighborhood (admittedly this has been put on hold while it is soooo hot).
18. Swim lessons at the Y.
19. Music classes with Ginger at Kindermusik.
20. Have I mentioned the people? It bears repeating. The people make this place feel like home.